March 12, 2020
Dear Church Family,
At Prayer & Praise Assembly of God we want to care for our congregation in all respects, including the physical well-being of our community. To that end, we are asking you, our church family, to take precautions to keep yourself and others safe, especially in light of recent developments with the Coronavirus (COVID-19). At this point in time, there are 2 confirmed cases in Michigan. While we do not have any confirmed cases here in Ludington, we want to inform you of our readiness in preventing the spread of viruses.
At this time, health officials are not recommending the cancellation of public events or Sunday services. Prayer & Praise will remain open, and we will continue to have services on Sundays and midweek programming. Your well-being and safety are of primary importance to us. Here’s how we are committed to keeping our campus clean and safe:
- We will not pass offering baskets during our services but will have them available on the way out of the Worship Center and in the Lobby. As always, you can give online by visiting our website at www.pandp.org.
- We sanitize highly touched surfaces before and after services such as doors, handles, tables, café areas, drinking fountains, check-in stations, and bathrooms.
- We have hand-sanitizing stations around the church and encourage their frequent use.
- We will continue to thoroughly sanitize all children’s toys and play areas. This is a regular practice at our church.
- We will continue to serve coffee but will have disinfectant wipes to use to wipe down any surfaces.
We encourage you to take every precaution to keep yourself and others safe. You can help stop the spread of viruses in the following ways:
- Stay home when you or your family members are sick. Prayer & Praise does live stream our Sunday service on Facebook and we encourage you to watch from home if you are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- When we have the time of greeting during services, we recommend you greet each other with smiles and waves instead of handshakes.
- Cover your face when sneezing or coughing and get in the habit of not touching your face.
- If you are returning from a high-alert area, we urge you to consider refraining from attending church events, classes, and services for the recommended 14-day time frame.
- If you or someone you know tests positive for COVID-19, please let us know right away so we can find a way to help, pray for everyone involved, and take the necessary precautions here at Prayer & Praise.
We must also remember that God has not called us to live in fear but in faith. As Paul wrote in 2 Timothy 1:7 NIV, “For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.”
Together we have faith to receive everything that God has promised to us by His word. We will continue to experience a wonderful, Spirit-filled atmosphere at our services, and we look forward to ministering to you each week.
This is what we know at this point time and will keep you updated as additional information becomes available from public health officials.
In the meantime, please go to https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html or https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus for the most current information.
Pastor Henrik Lidman
Prayer & Praise Assembly of God